Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It Works in Real Life: Plum Lipstick as Blush

We Live Upstairs It Works in Real Life: Plum Lipstick as Blush Tutorial
You know when you see a beauty expert do something in a video tutorial that looks totally simple and then you go and try it yourself and screw it up completely? This is not one of those things; virtually un-screw-up-able. 
We Live Upstairs It Works in Real Life: Plum Lipstick as Blush Tutorial
Not long ago, I saw the lovely Taylor Barringer from Refinery29 transform a typical-looking "vampy lipstick" into three different makeup ideas. However, it was the blush concept that really stuck with me. Soon after, I went to Target and purchased the same lip color, as I was utterly fascinated with the whole idea (doesn't take much, folks). Turns out, this trick is not only for goddesses, but is practically mere-human-proof. Take it from me, you can not fail.
We Live Upstairs It Works in Real Life: Plum Lipstick as Blush TutorialWe Live Upstairs It Works in Real Life: Plum Lipstick as Blush Tutorial
We Live Upstairs It Works in Real Life: Plum Lipstick as Blush TutorialWe Live Upstairs It Works in Real Life: Plum Lipstick as Blush Tutorial
We Live Upstairs It Works in Real Life: Plum Lipstick as Blush Tutorial
What I love about this is that it's so subtle. I love that such a bold color can be totally transformed into such a delicate glow. Anyway, happy blending! : )

P.S.- If you'd like to see the original video, find it here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a great idea! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lipstick as blush for the cheeks is something we did during school recitals long long ago...it was of course not subtle then, but it was an idea, nevertheless!
    :)

    Love your blog, found it on Bee's blog:)
    I would love it if you took a peek at Shubhi's Revels!

    Love,
    Shubhi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember my own recital makeup as well...subtle was in now way how I would describe it.
      Thanks so much! Will do : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...